When is the application due?
- Applications to join the 2024 cohort of the UConn RaMP Program are due March 1st, 2024.
Do I need to have research experience to apply?
- No! All you need is a desire to learn new skill and develop yourself professionally. We hope applicants will use the program to learn or further develop research skills for future careers in STEM.
How long does the program last?
- The program lasts 1 year. Starting August 1st, 2024 - July 31st, 2025.
Where does the program take place?
- UConn RaMP takes place at the Storrs Campus of the University of Connecticut.
Can I apply if I graduate in May 2024? What are the eligibility requirements?
- Other NSF program eligibility requirements include:
- U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or permanent residents
- BA or BS in life sciences or a related field—such as environmental sciences, chemistry, geography, data science, engineering, physics, etc.
- Applying within four years of graduation (extensions allowed for family, medical or military leave)
What is the stipend?
- Scholars receive a yearly stipend of $32,500, paid monthly. Scholars also receive health insurance (paid by the program) if necessary.
What are the benefits of joining the RaMP Program?
- Receive personalize mentorship from UConn research professors and the program coordinator
- Gain research experience working in an intensive, independent project
- Attend scientific conferences and workshops
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Visits to research training sites
- Prepare for diverse careers in STEM or graduate school
- Be a part of a cohort of ~10 scholars
How do I identify potential projects and mentors I can work with as a RaMP scholar in the 2024 cohort?
- Mentors and project overviews can be found by viewing "The RaMP Team" page and reviewing the listed mentors.
When can I expect to receive a response on my application?
- Applicants can expect to hear an initial response on their application in mid - late March with final decisions in April.
How many scholars will be in the 2024 cohort?
- We hope to host 10-12 scholars in the 2024 cohort of RaMP.